Effective Case Resolution plays a key role in better customer service. Nowadays, service companies want to ensure that when a customer creates a case, it gets resolved only when customer gets what he has requested or the problem is actually rectified.
An easy way to ensure this, is by sharing a closure code with the customer when the case is created and agent to request it with the customer before closing the case. And, entering such a code should be mandatory to close the case.
When it comes to Dynamics 365, one good this is that such a restriction while closing the case can be done through OOB configuration.
What we need to do?
- Enable Custom Dialog for Case Resolution by accessing Customer Service Hub> Service Management>Service Configuration> set Resolve Case Dialog -> Customizable Dialog
Without setting this, changes to ‘Case Resolution Entity form will not be effective’
2. Create a text field in the Case Resolution Entity [ Text or other desired field type] – I created a text field
3. Open the ‘Information’ form in the Case Resolution entity and added the newly created field on the form
I have also hidden the fields ‘Total Time’ and ‘Billable Time’ fields to test that too [ Whether hiding those fields would work or not? – It works].
4. Save & Publish the form
5. This is how the case closure page looks now and it works like a charm!
Hope this helps! Of-course, this is the first step towards this using the OOB configuration and can be improved by:
- Generate an OTP and send in SMS and Email to customer
- Store OTP in the case record
- During case closure, compare the OTP entered with the actual OTP and alert the agent if there is a mismatch!
- and more 🙂