In the modern era, any contact center implementation should enable multiple support channels for their customers or prospects. This will ensure that proper support is given to their customers as well as it can increase the number of enquiries from potential customers to drive sales growth.
Customer Service Channels expected in a Modern Contact Center are:
- Live Chat
- Self Service Portal
- Social Media (Facebook | Twitter | Whatsapp etc)
- Virtual Agent
With Dynamics 365, it’s fairly easy to get started with multi channel support center and can be enabled within days or weeks!!! Yes, its true. This also one of the reasons why there is a huge demand in Dynamics 365 platform for enabling Customer Service Center. Let’s have a look at how an organization can enable Dynamics 365 Omnichannel. First of all, it’s not just one application we need to enable, but there are couple of components related need to be configured and provisioned. Also, licensing also an important factor to be discussed in detail.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service (mandatory)
- Dynamics 365 Omnichannel (Mandatory)
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service Portal (Optional – recommended)
- Power BI (Required for dashboards)
- Power Platform Virtual Agent (Optional – recommended)
Let’s look at the architecture diagram for a typical Dynamics 365 Omnichannel + Customer Service implementation:
Let’s look at how to configure the Omnichannel:
- Get your Dynamics 365 for Customer Service instance up and running (either Production or Trial). In case of trial version, skip to step 3 as by default Omnichannel is provisioned in Dynamics 365 Customer Service trial.
- In case of production, once the Customer Service App is installed and environment is up and running, we need to provision Omnichannel . You may find the latest set of instruction on provisioning Omnichannel in this link
- Go to the Omnichannel for Administration App and configure the Live chat widget, setup the Queues, Setup Workstream, Setup Routing Rules etc. You may find more detailed instruction here:
- Once the chat widget is configured, you may copy paste the chat widget url in any web page (or in w3schools editor https://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_default) to test out the chat widget.
Chat widget would be opened once ready
5. You should be able to test out the chat widget and live chat activity in the Dynamics 365 Omnichannel for Customer Service App. New chat requests would be routed to the agents logged in (in this application)