For any CRM implementation, Customer 360 view is an inevitable component client would ask for or expect to include even if not mentioned explicitly. Though the client requirement is often a one liner “Need Customer 360 View in place”, most of the times CRM analyst has to do lot of Q&A sessions to conclude what to include and what not to. And, most of the times. it is confusing for the CRM development team what/where to show right information in the Customer 360 View and end up having too much information on the form which is a downfall.
Here we are going to explain what “Customer 360 view ” really means and the key aspects of having it:
Below are the samples of customer 360 view wireframes: Web and USD
Lets start with the Dos and Donts in Customer 360 view.
- Include the customer products details as a grid on the 360 view. For instance, a CRM user should get a view of customer’s availed products and other details from the customer form itself and do not have to open each product record to see the basic information.
- Customer activity details and timelines to be added on to the 360 view. Customer’s interaction with the company through any channel [ lets say, email, phone call, appointment, sms, etc]. This gives a view of active is the customer with the company
- Next Best Offers or Next Best Actions: If customer is eligible for an upgrade or any other product, it needs to be shown on the 360 view and thus help the sales or cross sell team to help fulfilling the cross sell part. This is an important factor for the company to add more revenue by doing more cross sellings.
- Early Warnings: If there should be an action to be taken from customer end immediatelly, this can be added to the 360 view so that CRM user can inform it immediately when customer calls the contact center or visit a local office.
- Key flags which show customer’s availability in different channels or customer segment or customer type: It would be a great help for the CRM users to see things as flags rather than just plain text fields to get their attention immediately. This can be used primarily to notify customer’s type/segment/channels etc
- Open Cases: All Open cases initiated by the customer to be available on the 360 view. Service personnel would have immediate access to the open cases customer has raised and customer service would be faster and more effective
- Open Opportunity/Leads: All open lead/opportunities
- Customer communication preference details: Its better to show customer communication preferences on the 360 view [ Preferred time, preferred number, channel, email etc]
- Add too much information on the 360 view – Implementors often tend to add all possible information on the 360 view and this wont help the users at all. Add only information which need immediate access. Having more information would only confuse the users.
- Flag/Product/Customer information is not uptodate: Access to wrong information would affect the business especially the service part. Make sure the information presented on the form is uptodate.
- Delay loading the form: Sometimes developers get the information straight from the source system and this may case delay loading the form – since form has to wait for completing the response from third party web services and then to render the form. Think of possible options to avoid retreiving the data from other system on every form load. Nightly batch jobs to update CRM data would be an option to overcome this.
Hope this post helps you in your CRM implementation projects!
You may subscribe to our blog by following our FB Page https://www.facebook.com/dynamicscrmguru/ to read further updates
Are you looking for the right partner to implement CRM or looking for CRM expertise? Please feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in your CRM implementation.